Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Lego Update : Stud Edition

I made some small additions to our groups space Lego project. I found out the blaster is actually called a Megaphone and updated my files along with the Level of Details for the prop.



I then pushed this to our groups UE4 level and it fits in nicely with Gabe's mini figs.



However it's not a perfect fit.




















I also created a basic material.



I did a quick search for round plates in the school's Lego library but couldn't find any. I found it odd that there named studs in the Lego games but not in the different part databases. I tried making my own.


























If time allows for it I wanted to use these on the funnel portion of the Megaphone. My idea was to have these translucent and have a light source pop once the player uses the Megaphone. Keeping that in mind I looked for examples of glass materials in UE4 and implemented the most common example.




















I think it'll need some tweaking to get that plastic Lego look but it's pretty good for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment